Education & Training
I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY 27570) in California and live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I received my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Florida. I completed my pre-doctoral clinical residency at the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital in Chicago, and my post-doctoral fellowship at the San Francisco VA Medical Center, where I am currently employed as a staff psychologist.
I provide evidence-based psychotherapy and specialize in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. While I offer treatment for a variety of concerns, my underlying approach assumes that human suffering comes from psychological inflexibility; I prefer to get to work right away on enhancing resilience and psychological flexibility through a variety of approaches. I am a therapist that emphasizes action, curiosity and change; clients that work well with me tend to be ready to try out new ways of doing and thinking about problems. I deeply appreciate the relationships I create with my clients and consider it a joy and honor to assist my clients in improving their lives.
Areas of Expertise
I provide individual therapy with adults (18+) and have expertise in treating the following issues:
- Anxiety (e.g., panic attacks, social anxiety, general worry, OCD, and psychological trauma)
- Difficulty changing behaviors (e.g., quitting smoking, losing weight)
- Work and relationship stress
- Difficult life/career transitions
- Emotional and social adjustment to medical problems or physical challenges
- Caregiving stress
Fees & Payment
My current fees are based on $200 for a 50-minute session. Though I do not contract with insurance companies I am happy to provide a monthly invoice for any client interested in seeking out-of-network reimbursement through his/her insurer. Fees are collected at the beginning of each session via credit card through the secure client portal website (i.e., Counsol.com).
The decision to pursue therapy is an important one, and involves a considerable investment of time, money, and emotional energy. I will work with you to design a treatment plan that allows us to work collaboratively towards your goals in a time period that works for you.
Please note that I maintain a 24-hour cancellation policy.
If you have general questions prior to getting started, you can contact me through the following non-secure email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you begin therapy, all communications will be through Counsol.com, as it is a secure way to communicate sensitive information.
1. When you're ready to get started, click the "Get Started" button below, register as a new client, and complete the online screening form.
2. I may contact you using the preferred phone number you provide for a free 15-minute consultation (available upon request). The purpose of the consultation is to help ensure a good fit, both with me and with online therapy.
3. If we both feel that it's a good fit, I'll send you a secure email through Counsol.com with instructions on how to log in for our sessions, how your credit card will be billed, how online scheduling works, and your preference regarding automated appointment reminders.